Monday, August 24, 2009

Home




Home. The concept of home is a strange and ever changing one for the traveler. We have been spending the last two and a half months heading ‘home’. As it turns out, home was with us all along.



Living aboard and spending each day with our family has made Sassy II our home. It feels odd to be back in Toronto.



We travelled from Oswego to Cobourg, arriving in the wee hours of the morning. My parents came to Cobourg to visit us, and of course to see Henry. It was really nice to see them again. It’s funny, though, once we had seen them it felt a lot like we’d never left. Andy drove my parents’ car to Toronto to do some business, and came back already feeling sick of the big city life. I think that we will both find that the travel bug has taken hold of us, and we will have had enough of being ‘home’ sooner rather than later.



Today we travelled the final leg of our journey, from Cobourg to Toronto. It was a pleasant day, but felt bittersweet. Finally home…can we go back now?



I am looking forward to visiting with friends both here and in Peterborough whom I’ve missed over the past four and a half months. But I think that once I have seen everyone I will be ready to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment