Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another Day in Atlantic City


It must be a virus I'm fighting. I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck! Of course, being up with Henry six times last night certainly didn't help!


Since I was feeling so lousy, we decided to take a day off from our travels. Andy did baby duty, and I slept in until 11:00am!! What a much needed treat! I felt quite a lot better waking at 11:00 than I had at 6:30am!


We took advantage of being docked in the touristy waterfront area today. We met a local named Paul, who also had a sailboat docked here. He gave Andy some 'local knowledge' about a few of the inlets between here and Sandy Hook. Then we went to lunch with Paul and a couple named Pete and Peggy who pulled up alongside Paul's boat while we were chatting.


Henry has been very difficult to put to bed lately...teething?... I'm not sure why. But after an hour or so of trying to get him down for an afternoon nap we gave up and went to see the aquarium. It was quite neat to see the Atlantic sea life up close like that! We quite enjoyed the tour of the aquarium, and...it put Henry to sleep!!


We took another walk in the evening, then Andy cooked a lovely dinner and we watched a movie. All in all we had quite an enjoyable day. Henry wouldn't go to bed tonight either....but eventually dropped off around 10:30pm, a couple of hours after bedtime. I'm not sure what's up with his aversion to sleeping! I'm sure we'll figure it out. This is only one of many challenges we'll face.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep glorious sleep~~~~~ I feel your pain! Don't worry, it will get better. I just can't tell you when~~~ Good to see that you guys are seeing amazing things while you travel. It must be amazing for you to be on this adventure. I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys when you make it to Peterborough. Talk to you soon!
    Love Julie

    ReplyDelete