Friday, September 18, 2009

Family

I come from a very large family. This has been quite wonderful. Especially since we have been blessed, all of us, with good health. Until now.

My family has had a very difficult year. My Mom is the oldest of seven children. The youngest has been ill since last November. He is dying of cancer.

My grandparents are in their late seventies. My Grandma has recently had a triple bipass surgery. My Poppa has been trying to cope with an ill wife and a dying son. The stress is very overwhelming for him.

I have been thinking a lot lately about some pretty deep stuff; the value of family, the fragility of life, and what happens to us when we die. I feel so very lucky to have spent the past five months enjoying my little family in such an enjoyable and intimate environment. We have shared in adventures that none of us will soon forget (except Henry, of course!).

I think that too many people go through life seeing the negatives and letting the joys pass them by. Seize each day. Don't let the little things get you down.

Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment