Friday, May 15, 2009

Henry


















Henry, my beautiful baby boy born January 14th, 2009.
It amazes me how all encompassing parenthood is. My life now revolves around the needs of this little person. My heart is filled with an overwhelming love that only a parent can know. I'm bursting with pride every day when Henry does the littlest of things. It is just an incredible experience. And tiring...
Henry was a quiet, content baby from the start. He has been quite remarkable, rolling over from front to back at 12 days old, sleeping through the night at 10 weeks, and his latest feat, sitting up unsupported just before he turned 4 months old! He is always on the move. He has been very alert from the beginning, and you can see him taking everything in...the wheels are always turning.
Andy and I took Henry to the "Ground Hog Day" celebration at QCYC (Queen City Yacht Club) in February when he was just a few weeks old. Inga, our sweet, retired Austrian friend at the club told us that she used to study infants for a living. She looked Henry over and announced that he would be "very intelligent and hard to raise". I'm sure she is quite right about the intelligent part, lets hope "hard to raise" is way off the mark! I guess it's too soon to tell.
I know that mothers always favour their babies, and think the world of them, but I believe that Henry would win the heart of anyone who spent time in his company. He is sweet, charming, and flashes a mischievous smile whenever he does something cheeky. At four months old he has personality to spare. I simply adore him. Let his pictures speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment